If you are an international investor looking at buying investment properties in Toronto – here is all you need to know before embarking on this potentially rewarding journey:
You will meet experts with deep insights into: Financing your purchase to secure a mortgage, Legal aspects you should be aware of, Insurance, Taxation and our final video about Residential Property Management & Rental will bring it all together. We are not going to talk about the benefits of buying Canadian real estate assets, since we touched on this in previous articles.
However before getting into the details a typical engagement usually starts with Investment consulting. This is where we get to know you as an investor and recommend suitable investments that fit your specific needs and that pass our rigourous 12 step filtration process.
What People Are Saying About Us
“Thank you for taking care of our real estate investments in Downtown Toronto. We are pleased with the professional services provided and very affordable fees. Highly recommend your service to any investor looking for a great management company to take care of their property.”
“Thank you Alex for taking care of everything for us – from finding us a property with high ROI, to facilitating the financing and staying ahead of all the challenges we faced as international investors in closing this deal. Impressive service thank you very much for going over and above!!!”
“Very experienced always return calls promptly and take care of everything a landlord would usually do. Has been a pleasant experience renting with them.”
“Affordable service with a focus on quality. You have to meet the staff to understand how honest and straight forward the team at Buttonwood Property Management is.”
“Buttonwood property management team is highly dedicated, knowledgeable and trust worthy. You made the whole process stress free and smooth. Highly recommend your service with no hesitation.”
“You have done an excellent job in renting my property quickly and filtered tenants to retain only the best. Thank you for doing a great job in such a short period of time. You allowed me to leave the country assured that my property will be well taken care of. ”
Here is what international real estate investors typically need to secure a non-resident mortgage:
- 35% down payment of the overall purchase price (with 90 day verification history of source of funds)
- Employment verification
- Assets overview
- Investment statements
- Bank reference letter dated within the past 90 days
In The News
Legal representation for international investors when buying Toronto residential real estate investments:
- As an international real estate investors when should I engage a Layer?
- What does a Lawyer usually check for to assist with my real estate purchase?
- Do I need to be presently available in Canada for closing?
- What is Title Insurance and why is it highly recommended?
- What are the typical costs international investors may encounter during the registration phase?
Get paid rent on-time every month even if the tenant defaults
Real estate insurance to ensure proper coverage for your real estate investments:
- What is general property insurance?
- What is landlord insurance and why is it important?
- What is Tenant insurance and why is it important?
- If a Landlord has Insurance why does a Tenant need to have Liability and content insurance on top of that?
- Can I buy landlord insurance as a non-resident real estate investors?
- How long will it take to issue the policy?
Free Tenant Placement!
50% OFF: If your property is vacant - we’ll find and place a tenant free of charge with a property management contract. Talk about value proposition it doesn’t get better than that.
Tax implications for non-residents owners who own rental properties in Canada:
- What are the tax implications non-residents need to be aware of when it comes to rental income generated in Canada?
- Are there any tax implications when acquiring or selling a property as a non-resident?
- What if a non-resident continued to file as a resident even after leaving the country for an extended period of time?
- If an individual gets a job offer for an assignment outside of Canada – how can they prove to CRA that they are a non-resident especially if they still own Canadain real estate and have a bank account, etc.?
Our commitment to low fees
Brining it all together with Toronto Residential Property Management & Rental Services:
A typical investment cycle includes finding and buying a property, holding it for a period of time for appreciation and accumulating equity, then selling when the time is right. We all heard the adage that you don’t make your money on the buy side nor on the sell side – you make your money on the HOLD phase. Our slogan is “Real Estate Wealth Over Time” we always say when you buy an investment it is something that you aspire to own for generations to come. You are merely a custodian for that period of time and then transition your legacy along to the next generation.
2 Months Free Trial
If your property is already tenanted – we’ll waive our property management fees for 2 months. Great for those with tenanted properties who are done with the day-to-day hassles of managing rental properties and want to test drive before buying.
We specialize in the GTA and cover Hamilton to Oshawa from the lake to Newmarket and everything in between:
Toronto, Etobicoke, Markham, Mississauga, North York, Oakville, Richmond Hill, Woodbridge, Rosedale, Forest Hill, St Clair, Mount Pleasant, Hoggs Hollow, Leaside, Davisville, Summerhill, Dufferin Grove, Riverdale, Entertainment District, Queen West, East York, Swansea, Bloordale Village, Bloor West, Mimico, Corktown, Liberty Village, City Place, King West, Yonge St. Line, Bay St. Line, Queens Quay, Yorkville, The Annex, Yonge and Sheppard, Bayview and Sheppard, Yong e and Eglinton, Yonge and St. Claire, Leslieville, The Beaches, Danforth, St. Lawrence market, Distillery District, Little Italy, Roncesvalles, High Park