RENTAL APPLICATION PROCESS
Thank you for choosing Buttonwood Property Management Inc.
Below you will find a comprehensive list of instructions for our application process, along with the standard application form. We look forward to reviewing your application.
1. Complete Application Form:
- Please complete one application for each adult (18 years+) in full.
- Please make sure to complete each application fully and legibly, otherwise your application will not be processed in a timely manner until we receive full information to do so.
2. Complete Application Form:
- Government issued identification (i.e. driver’s license)
- Proof of income:
- If employed: Letter of employment
- If self employed: Notice of assessment (NOA) from previous year
- If retired: CPP/OAS deposits, and/or copy of saving account/ investments, etc.
- If unemployed: proof of government support receipts if applicable, or if you have a guarantor then the guarantor will need to fill out a separate rental application and provide their supporting documents.
- If none of the above options apply to you, please contact your agent
- 2 recent paystubs, if applicable
3. Complete Application Form:
- Completed applications can be sent to [email protected]. Please include in the email title the property you are applying for.
- Please make sure to send all supporting documents along with your application i.e. ID, Proof of Income, etc.
- Please make sure that all supporting documents are appropriately labeled i.e. “John Doe Proof of Income”
- Please note we reserve the right to pull a credit report on all applicants.
- Upon receipt of all items, the application will be processed, which may take up to three business days.
4. Complete Application Form:
- After the 3-business day processing time, your application may be accepted or declined.
- i. Accepted: Congratulations! Next steps will be:
- Sign lease
- Provide deposit
- Provide proof of Renters’ Liability Insurance
- Provide proof of utility accounts switched over under your name
- Refundable key deposit to be provided upon receiving keys to your rental dwelling
- ii. Declined: Please note landlords are not required to give reasons for their decisions.
Updated on 03-30-21